Sales Engineer (2409)APPLY TO THIS Job » « BACK TO JOB LISTINGS
Job Title: Sales Engineer (2409)
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time (Tech)
Experience: Mid-Senior level
The Sales Engineer engages both internally and externally with Director, VP and C-level staff providing critical perspective and guidance on strategy, investments and innovation drawing upon their depth and breadth of technical and business impact knowledge. This position works closely with the Account teams to provide outstanding technical solutions and designs to our current and potential customers. The Sales Engineer will work with the customer teams based on a strategic account plan. The goal will be to facilitate on-going projects, help to start new initiatives and sell our solutions. Since the Sales Engineer augments and assists both a strategic account and sales team, experience as a technical leader is a requirement. Sales acumen, IT industry experience, and previous technical account management roles are all critical requirements for the Sales Engineer. Has already established high level customer relationships and is comfortable working at the CTO level.
Develop a deep technical knowledge of assigned product set. Be the ultimate expert across Global Solutions and Data Center Services for those products.
• Develop strong relationships with Product Management & Product Architect counterparts.
• Represent Customer and our viewpoints in product scoping, development and design process.
• Think outside of the box to create a strategic vision for serviceable and supportable products.
• Define detailed technical requirements for product supportability and assess the products against those requirements.
• Ability to see and present “the big picture” and offer solutions for improvement
• An understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running a modern data center
• A thought leader in the application of ITIL principles
• Strong understanding of competitive technologies, competitor positioning, counter-arguments and emerging technologies that could be both cooperative and competitive
• Perform Beta product implementations,
• Be the owner for specific client focused documentation, training, process and policy for specific products.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates mutual acceptance and respect of all co-workers.
- Ability to be a team player, works effectively with others with positive cooperation.
- Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely professional and courteous manner.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering or experience in relevant field preferred.
- Overall Experience: 5+ years.
- Balance of both strong technical and strong strategic skills. Willing to get into deep, techie details, but also able to see the big picture and make educated trade-off decisions without getting bogged down by the details.
We provide corporate customers with one-stop business communications solutions combining private network services, Global IP Network services, and Data Center services.
Industry: Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Information services